Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Reason I Moved

Today after I got off work at 8pm, the air was so clear and beautiful that I had to go take pictures. Here is the outcome of that excursion. The first six pictures are taken from the parking lot directly across the street from my apartmen complex.
This, ladies and gentlemen, is my everyday view.

This is my favorite mountain. Do you see that peak? It is a PEAK. I'm very excited about it.
It comes to a freakin point!

The rest of these were taken at various spots along the Seward Highway heading south out of Anchorage. It really is stunning.













It was finally setting at 10:15pm when I turned around and headed back.












And this, my friends, is a waterfall seen through a hole in the ground.



Right next to a giant patch of snow, still on the ground. Lord knows how long that's been there.


And that, folks, is the reason I moved from flat, stinkin hot Houston.

4 comments:

Dr. Phliph said...

I see what you mean. You want to climb that peak in live. I can help with that.
drphliph.blogspot.com
Nice pictures though...

Mimi said...

Those are some fabulous pictures. Definitely the right choice!

Juliann said...

Moe: Hey. It may be flat and it may be stink-filled but ... uh ... what was that last thing you said?

Lol, glad you're enjoying it :)

Mimi said...

AHEM!

Dost thou not remember this?