Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Blog From a Boat

Yep, I'm on the boat. Apparently there is a satellite internet connection for this one, the M.V. Malaspina. The Malaspina is bigger than the Kennicott, but not quite as nice. I think this one is a lot older. But a boat's a boat, and it's still fun =)

Earlier I took pictures as we were sailing into Sitka. That was our last port. And we were there for 4 hours, so I got to take a couple pictures of the sunset too.

Unfortunately for you, dear Reader, you can't see those pictures because Blogger refuses to let me upoad them with this connection. Unless you're on Myspace. Myspace, ironically enough, is the only one that will let me (sorry Facebookers). So the rest of you will just have to wait until I get to Eugene, Oregon, to see my pictures of the beautifulness.

I don't really have anything important to say. I'm mostly blogging because I can say I'm doing it at sea (well, technically, an inlet, but whatever) and that's just cool. Though I will tell you that there are some GIANT trees in Juneau. If you've never had the opportunity to visit, it is incredibly beautiful, but my overwhelming memory of Juneau will not be the beauty, it will be the 75 foot Christmas trees that line the highway from the ferry into town. They're almost ridiculously large. That 75 foot thing is NOT an exaggeration. They're freakin huge! It's pretty fabulous. I got a couple pictures, not of the giant ones, it was too dark to take pictures when I drove past those, but of some of the moderately smaller ones closer into town. Of course, you won't be able to see those pictures, etc. etc. etc.

Anyway, I think I'm done talking about nothing simply to be talking about nothing from a boat so I'm going to go now. I will be in Bellingham on Friday at 8am. From there it's just another week til I get home =)

Also, for those of you who wish to leave comments (and how else will I know anyone reads this other than me?) you may do so as 'anonymous' if you do not have a blogger account. You just hafta check the little anonymous box and do one of those stupid word thingies and it'll post. Just don't forget to leave your name =)

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Happy New Year! On a boat!

Mimi said...

Get off the boat, already! I have stories to tell.

Also, of course, I want to hear your tale of the boat and all the nifty little bits of madness you've witnessed between here and there...