Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Sunset in Chugach Mountains

If you're still reading this blog, then you've read the previous post where I discuss coming home. Since I've moved that up slightly from my earlier assumption of three years, I've decided to see as much as possible.


Which means pictures =)



Anchorage at night. My camera needs a tripod to take pictures at night. Might try that next time.
Turnagain Arm.
The view from the Flat Top parking lot.
Anchorage and the castle house that probably costs at least $3 mil.
Downtown Anchorage. Yep, that would be those 5 buildings over there. See the tallest one? That's the Hilton.
And the tall one to the right of the Hilton? That's the BP building.
Sleeping Lady Mountain.

She watches over Anchorage.
Beautiful sunset.
Mt. McKinley. Yes, it is that close.

Rich people's houses muckin up my view.


The peaks are so close here.
I can't know for sure the altitude, but I'd guess at least a couple thousand feet.
Flat Top seen from the parking lot. It's still a GOOD ways up there.
The valley. I belive this is Powerline Pass.







Mooses!
There were about 12 of them in this valley.




But by the time we found them, it was almost too dark to take pictures.
Mountains across the Arm.








I don't know the name of the left one, but the right one is Mt. McKinley. It's REALLY big.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Our moose pictures were so much better than that one. You can barely see the wee little moose.

P.S. You seriously can come home now. I have to re-celebrate my birthday when you come back...or have a superbowl party...one or the other...i personally think it should be about me. :)

CaitlinMarie said...

How bout we have an "Amanda's Birthday Is Not On the Day of the Super Bowl Party". That way it's about you, AND the Super Bowl =)